Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Oh my....
















Hi!

Hi to all my friends who will be reading this, as those of you who know me I'm super busy so I don't think I will posting here daily but will try to keep the site up to date. Mostly I wanted to start a blog for my friends who I may not get to talk to very often or see on a regular basis to know what I'm up to. As a disclaimer, my English grammar sucks and my spelling is even worse so if you see a few faux pas in my posts don't be overly shocked, I won't be =P. I will be posting here the progress on my many hobby projects and hope to add pictures of finished pieces.

For those of you who don't know I belong to a group of super funny ladies who meet every Tuesday night in a bar here in Las Vegas to crochet and socialize, we call ourselves the "Las Vegas Hookers." We have a lot of fun together and I just got home tonight from our group and I'm super proud of myself that I was actually reading a pattern and able to crochet, which for the past oh 20+ years I have not been able to do with crochet. My Grandma taught me, along with my sixth grade teacher Miss. Longo, how to crochet but I have never learned to read a pattern with much success. I just want to say thank you to Mindy and Angie and everyone else who has shown me a lot of patience while I ask a million questions on pattern reading. I'm not done yet with the pattern I'm working on, Seraphina Shawl, but I have progressed now beyond having to ask questions every two minuets about what the (expletive deleted) I'm supposed to be doing.

Aside from crafting, which I have little time to do, as most of you who know me already know I have three jobs and go to school, so I'm a little tired all the time. My main job with the school district will be ending soon in June so will just have two jobs after the 7th. I have been working hard to lose a few lbs and that has been going well. I have not been able to get to the gym much (lol I typed guy instead of gym before I corrected it....must be some sort of Freudian slip =P) but I really need to start going as I still want to lose a few more lbs to be happy with myself again. I have other altered motives for losing some of me but then don't we all when we want to look just a little bit better.

Just as an update, The Parasite is still in my life. /cry....... can't seem to get rid of him no matter how hard I try but this can't go on forever so hopefully soon he will be GONE. After this is done and over I so feel like I should go out and party......I think I deserve too either that or get a medal for putting up with his (expletive deleted) for so long! Everyone needs to come to Vegas for a Divorce Party when it's official!!!

My little man needs to go to the vet, as most of you know Sir Feedsalot was sent to the vet for a Lion Cut because he has trouble cleaning himself properly and I was tried of running after him with a wash cloth to clean what he would not or could not. The poor little guy lost his dignity when he got shaved down and was not too excited about his new hair cut for a while but I do think he feels cooler with the 500 lbs of hair he was lugging around gone. While he was at the vet they found a lump near his shoulder blade that they want to put him out and remove and then biopsy. I really don't have the money for the procedure but I can't not do it for my little Goober so in he will go soon. I so hope that it's nothing and I don't have to worry that he has Cancer or something else. =( he is getting older, he is around 11 years old now so things are bound to start happening that he is getting older.

When I'm more awake and can figure out how to post pictures I will post one of Smokey to this blog.

No comments: