Sunday, October 28, 2007

OMG Dumbledore is Gay....lol.

Ok, well, I'm not that shocked at all. I pretty much assumed it when I was reading the books, especially when Dumbledore was talking a lot about his childhood and his "friend." I just think it is amusing, now all the right wing Book Burners, Thought Nazi's and Faux Christian nuts will have something new to fuel their hate for free speech and human rights....lol. I love it when authors miff off the crazies, they make themselves look even worse with very little effort.

Then again.....

Well, maybe the nuts are not that off base the books do contain some pretty horrible messages. If you sit and think about it, they actively promote controversial and society damaging actions such as: acceptance, love, good triumphing over evil, persistence and determination, respect, teamwork, selflessness, empathy, charity...just to name a few....wow no wonder "moralistic" people hate them so much, our whole society will go to Hell if kids learn these things!

So.....

If you hate to treat people with love, humor, respect and justice then burn as many copies as you can and God forbid don't let your kids read them, who the Hell knows what kind of adult they might turn into..../shudder. =P

1 comment:

O'Malley said...

Guess what I got Tuesday.. the goodbye note that you left with Angie to give to me! I miss you very much. We have been getting alot of new ladies at cc. You would like them, they are a hoot!
When are you coming back for a visit? How is the job going? How are the cowboys?