Sunday, January 6, 2008

Scary underwear and new lipstick....

What do scary underwear that suck in your tummy and new lipstick mean? You guessed it, a date. It is official I had my first date in 10+ years New Years day. I signed up for E-Harmony the day I found out I had a court date for my divorce. In my first five "matches" I was sent one for a guy named Dave and started talking to him. We have been talking to each other since July of last year and last Monday we finally met. He is a really nice guy, and has a lot of good potential: 1. He has a college degree, 2.) He cooks himself food everyday that does not involve a microwave and he does not think of Hot Pockets, Dorritio's and Dr. Pepper as food groups, 3.) He has two cats he spoils rotten, 4.) He as the same twisted sense of humor I do (very scary actually...if you stop to think about it...), 5.) Was a complete gentlemen on our date.

I'm really not used to going out on a date with a guy who does not try and grab my boob, overly hint sex is expected or asks my opinion on what we should do or where we should eat. Though I was not surprised by his polite manners as I put the poor guy through a game of 400+ questions since July before we ever met, so I knew going in he was not a jerk, player or all the other assorted bad men we have all had the displeasure to go out with one time or another. He tolerated the "Jamie Inquisition" of pre-dating so the fact he asked me out again is a good sign I have not scared him away...ROFL.

It felt really good to be with a guy who was nice to me and respectful. I really felt great about myself after the date and feeling that way with a guy after all this time a previous garbage was wonderful!

3 comments:

O'Malley said...

woo hoo :D I'm so happy for you. Does he live near you?

Angie said...

I am so happy for you! He sounds like he might be a keeper. :)

/hugs

Mindy said...

Oh Jamie, that's wonderful. I'm so glad you had a good time. Let him know if he doesn't treat you nice there's a whole group of ladies here who'll kick his butt!!!
BTW...we miss you!!!