Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter Fan Club (the adults who don't like to admit they belong)

Up until very recently I really didn't understand just how many adults really like the Harry Potter books and movie. I have been given contemptuous looks by many other adults who when they find out I read the books or like the movies look at me like I'm some kind of immature child, not that I really cared for their opinion anyway. Yes I might be 30+ =P but who says you have to stop liking kids stuff anyway? My friends who know me well know I love SpongeBob and Animaniacs. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, GOT IT? =P

The movie version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix just came out. I didn't go opening night but waited till the middle of the day the next day. I had resigned myself to the fact that there would be hoards of screaming kids and packs of annoying teenagers in the theater but went anyway. So I get my ticket and my Pepsi and popcorn and go to the theater. What I saw shocked me. The theater was pretty packed with only a few seats left....and there was not one kid or teenager to be found. The entire theater was full of adults! So, after seeing this I must assume this was not a freak happening. Sadly, I think there are more adult Harry Potter fans who don't like to admit that they are. Adults are so stupid sometimes....

Oh and I have a confession to make to all my friends...please don't hit me when you find out... Yes I was in LA the day the movie premiered and I was in LA when the cast put their hand and wand prints into the cement on the walk of fame...I just didn't know it lol. Not that I would have gone down there with thousands of nutty fans mind you but I have a friend or two who after reading this will have a melt down....lol.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness! I may have (probably not) braved the crowds to see that! I LOVE Harry Potter and I am not ashamed.

/hugs
Angie