Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Look mom, I'm cable knitting...

So the whole theory that I'm not bright enough to go from not knowing how to flat knit at all to learning to flat knit and do cables at the same time has been thrown out of the window. My knitting teacher scoffed at the idea that I could learn how to cable knit with out knowing how to flat knit...well I have proved her wrong. I'm currently working on a cable knit scarf and, /gasp....I can cable. Cable knitting is not that hard apparently, as I pretty much self taught myself, and we all know how dense I can be. My camera is oob (out of batteries) at the moment or I would post the progress I have made so far. I even figured out that the instructions were wrong on how to do the pattern! The pattern called for multiples of six, well if you do that you have an extra three stitches left over when you should have none, should have been multiples of six + 3, I'm so smart...lol...not. I'm starting to understand that knitting is a lot easier than crochet, well only for the fact you have only two stitches (knit and purl) instead of all the other that crochet has but then crochet is hell of a lot easier to fix your mistakes.

I had date number four and still the same but I think I like him better for it, being a gentleman is defiantly more preferable than not. I told him it was kind of hard to read him and he was sorry, he said he is cautious because he has been burned way too much in the past and is still trying to figure out if I pass the not a black widow, lying, manipulative, gold digging bitch test...lol. Ouch, but apparently I'm passing so things are looking up...hehe. You should all just tell him all I think about is sex, sex, sex and he will say ..... "yes please..." lol. Just kidding, don't want to scare him away =). All my friends a work just die laughing at my "wholesome relationship." My friend Keith says all his friends are Man Whores and he is impressed there are actual people in the world who don't (expletive deleted) each others brains out on the first date... My friend Ashlie on the other hand is aghast, she says she just can't understand how that can happen because she says she cannot control herself. Apparently she thinks I have the self control of a saint...which is not the case, I'm not 23 and have endless time to screw up my personal life with meaningless sex....might be fun....but I want other things in life like kids... sort of precludes dating for no aim other than getting laid. Well I guess I could get kids out of that deal I'm not the sort of woman who wants to start sentences with, "Well, my babies daddy...." nor do I want to shack up with men who are paying money to various women he refers to as, "My babies mom....".

Has anyone been watching the "Complete Jane Austen" on PBS? I watched "Jane Austen Regrets" last night and was dying laughing...in the production Jane Austen states, "Mr. Darcy does not exist, If you want a Mr. Darcy you must make him up..." priceless.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Great job on teaching yourself cabling and flat knitting. :)

Gentlemen are very nice indeed (my hubby was one).

/hugs

O'Malley said...

I knew you could do it :) I can't wait to see the pics. Are you on Ravelry?