Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Serephina Shawl



This is my first ever finished project following a pattern! I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself despite the fact I was completely clueless for most of the project, bugged the (expletive deleted) out of the poor women at my crochet group to help me with it (you all have the patience of saints and I could not have done it with out all your wonderful help) and cussed at times like a sailor when I thought I would never get the hang of it. I'm not exactly sure if it 100% of the time followed the pattern but if not I was consistent in messing up, and there are no glaring mistakes or holes in the wrong place so I'm happy and don't really care if it has mistakes...it turned out beautiful in my opinion and can't wait to wear it this fall/winter. I crocheted this with Lion Brand Homespun in Quartz, three skeins worth. I was not to amused with Lion Brand because the first two skeins I bought of the Quartz were the same color and then I bought another skein two weeks later and the purple of the first two was now bluish in the third....oh well still looks good but not really amused with the sudden color change. I have been buying a lot of Lion Brand lately don't know why....the Homespun was a bit hard to get used to in the beginning as it would get caught but it was not that bad and I will use it again. The pattern called for an I hook but this was way too small and ended up with using a k hook to get the right gauge and feel for the weight of the yarn and look of the shawl.

No comments: